Be the Spark. You can Inspire People to Read, Learn, and Connect.
Volunteers play a vital role at the Milwaukee Public Library by inspiring learning and literacy, fostering discovery and creativity, and strengthening community bonds. By donating time, talent and skills, volunteers support and enhance the library’s programs, services, and mission.
Why volunteer at Milwaukee Public Library?
- Learn more about the Library and gain in-depth knowledge of how Libraries operate
- Strengthen your resume by gaining experiences and learning new skills
- Help make your community a better place and see your neighborhood in a new light
- Strengthen your connection to your city and your fellow community members
- Improve your health and quality of life as volunteering lowers stress and boosts happiness levels
- Complete community service requirement for High School & Post-Secondary School
How can I become a volunteer?
- Complete an online application (For applicants over 18 ONLY.)
OR Print a PDF application and return to the library.(Signature of parent or guardian is required for volunteer applicants under 18.)
- Sign and obtain the signature of a parent or guardian if necessary.
- Return signed application
attn: Library Volunteer Coordinator
|In Person:||To a librarian at any Milwaukee Public Library|
|By Fax:||(414) 286-3831|
Your completed application will be reviewed, and if there are any possible matches with currently available volunteer opportunities, we will contact you. You may also be asked to participate in an in-person or phone interview.