At this time, Volunteer Opportunities are not available.
Be the Spark. You can inspire people to Read, Learn, and Connect.
Volunteers play a vital role at Milwaukee Public Library. With over 7,000 free programs and over 2 million visitors every year, our volunteer corps of over 270 individuals strong are the life force of our services. From tutoring adults and ESL learners to helping children celebrate Dr. Seuss's Birthday, there's something for everyone whether you're available on a weekly basis or only a few times a year. Apply today and help MPL build healthy families and vibrant neighborhoods - the foundation of a strong Milwaukee.
Why volunteer at Milwaukee Public Library?
- Learn more about the Library and get a behind-the-scenes looks at our services and programs
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Strengthen your resume by gaining experiences and learning new skills
- Volunteering is proven to lower your stress and boost your happiness levels
- Learn more about your community and connect with your neighbors
- Complete a community service requirement for high school or college
To Become a Volunteer
- If you are 18 years or older, please complete an Online Application or a Paper Application (which can be returned by mail, e-mail, fax, or in-person to any MPL location).
- If you are between the ages 14 - 17, please complete a Paper Application (Signature of parent or guardian is required for all volunteer applicants under age 18)
Your completed application will be reviewed, and if there are any possible matches with currently available volunteer opportunities, we will contact you. You may also be asked to participate in a phone or in-person interview as part of the application process.
Questions about volunteering at the Milwaukee Public Library? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at MPLVolunteer@milwaukee.gov