*Available services include: Wi-Fi, copying & printing, catalog access, item retrieval, library card registration & renewal, 2-hour access to computers, scan station, fax, copier, picking up reserved items (holds) and quick reference assistance. Holds and checkouts available, no browsing the collection.
Milwaukee Public Library is currently at the 4th phase of its path to reopening.
Atkinson branch located at 1960 W. Atkinson Ave., opened in January 1961 as the first in a 10-year program to provide large regional libraries throughout the City within a two-mile radius of anywhere in the city. The building's unique architecture is highlighted by a beamed, cathedral vaulted ceiling, woodwork and modern stained glass windows. The branch was renovated in 1994.
- Computer lab featuring desktop computers for public use
- Laptops for use inside the library
- Free and recently upgraded Wi-Fi for all visitors
- Public meeting spaces
- Meeting Room (Accommodates 50)
- Study Room (Accommodates 4)
- Color printer
- Fax service
- Great Urban Fiction collection
- Homework Help after school with Teacher in the Library
- Free computer classes for City residents
- Drop-in job search and resume help