The newest Milwaukee Public Library branch at 7715 West Good Hope Road opened on Milwaukee’s Northwest Side on Wednesday, July 29, 2020. The branch is a $6.35 million investment in the neighborhood and replaces the former Mill Road Branch Library. At 18,400 square feet, the Good Hope Branch Library is the third largest branch in the system, following Mitchell Street Branch at 23,000 square feet and Washington Park at 20,000 square feet.
Available services include:
- Copying & printing
- Catalog access
- Item retrieval
- Library card registration & renewal
- 2-hour access to computers
- Scan station
- Picking up reserved items (holds)
- Quick reference assistance
- Browsing stacks
- Meeting Rooms
- Curbside service is available. Please call the curbside pickup phone number on-site in the parking lot.
- Development Project: Royal Capital Group and Maures Development Group, NorthTrack Construction, Engberg Anderson
- Library Project: Zimmerman Architectural Studios, Platt Construction, Inc.
- This 18,400 square foot building was designed with expansive windows which bring natural light into every corner of the library.
- The development includes 65 apartments consisting of 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms and mixed income.
- Total development cost estimated at $19 million; library cost estimated at $6.35 million.
- The library boasts a collection of 50,000 books and media.
MPL Makerspaces are places where patrons can gather and work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge. The Good Hope Branch Makerspace was designed to build skills critical to in-demand industries such as advanced manufacturing by providing access to specialized equipment including a 3D printer, laser cutter, and CAD software. The space will also provide access to photography, video and recording equipment and industry standard software.
This expansive and flexible space allows seating for up to 80 and is enhanced by a two-sided fireplace that is shared with a cozy reading lounge. The Community Room is a gift of Pick ‘N Save. The Fireplace Room is a gift of Scott R. & Linda M. Haag.
The children’s space provides fun, interactive fi xtures for kids to climb into and read on while they enjoy a wide variety of books and media selected just for them.
Upgraded laptops and desk top computers are available and multiple tables include access for charging personal devices. A laptop bar located in the sitting area near the entrance also provides charging stations.
The enclosed, designated “teen zone” features moveable furniture and even more charging stations for teen use only. The space features video game equipment including a VR system.
The branch has been built to include high efficiency automated building systems, HVAC, LED lighting, and use of natural light throughout.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
Add Your Name to the Good Hope Branch Library Donor Wall
Your gift will help the library meet the needs of today’s patrons and ensure amenities for the next generation. Visitors to the library will read about your legacy gift on the donor recognition wall for gifts of $100 - $5,000. Making a tribute gift is a meaningful way to honor someone special to you, or in memory of a loved one. Please call the Milwaukee Public Library Foundation at (414) 286-3784 for more information on sponsorship opportunities. Make a pledge today and be recognized among this exclusive honor roll of Good Hope donors.
Upcoming Events at Good Hope
Drop in to our Teen Zone to play Nintendo Switch…
Beginners and Experts welcome! Start from scratch or bring your knitting,…
Ever wondered how cake decorators make their creations so beautiful?…
Ease the transition from summer to fall with this self-care…