To our Community:
I am honored to be a 2023 recipient of the Milwaukee Community Journal’s Diamond Award. This award is presented to Milwaukee leaders that are “working diligently to improve the image, accessibility and equity of our neighborhoods and schools.” My selection for this award reflects MPL’s dedicated staff working tirelessly to improve the quality of life for our city’s residents through literacy programming, workforce development, youth-centered safe spaces, anti-violence initiatives and much, much more.
As a result of our important work, MPL has also been recognized this year by the Children’s Outing Association, KLAS Julie Klauber Award, Milwaukee Justice Center, VISIT Milwaukee, and Wisconsin Historical Society. A full list of awards and recipients is available here. Each award presented to MPL validates the importance of our efforts and the success of our staff.
The challenges confronting many of Milwaukee’s residents are often profound and sometimes difficult to grasp. Looking forward, MPL is grateful to all of our partners and collaborators that work with us to so thoughtfully serve this city.
If you are not familiar with MPL's breadth of services, please take a look at our 2022 Annual Report or stop in for a visit. As always, we would be happy to see you.
More News about MPL Services
Signing up for MPL's monthly newsletter will keep you informed of programs for all ages.
Don't forget about all the services available from your Milwaukee Public Library as well:
- Online resources are continuously reviewed and updated. The library provides free access to music, books, audiobooks, movies, magazines, and many other resources through Freegal, Hoopla, Gale Courses, and OverDrive. Learn about these services and many more on our Featured Databases page.
- With the Book Bundle service you can fill out a form to let us know what you're in the mood for and our staff will select up to five (5) items in a variety of formats based on your input. Items will be available for pickup at one of our locations.
- Librarians routinely update our recommended booklists that represent an impressive array of genres in both fiction and non-fiction for adults, teens and children.
- As always, the Milwaukee Public Library is a key resource for parent engagement and resources for students. From digital resources like Brainfuse, OverDrive and LibraryNow to online academic support including Reading Buddies and Virtual Teacher in the Library to online story times, take and makes and curbside crafts there’s something for every age and interest.
- Stay informed with all library news and activities by signing up for our e-newsletter and following us on social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Our Mission Statement promises that we will help people read, learn, and connect. Even in the midst of this uncertainty, that is a promise we intend to keep.
MPL is an anchor institution that helps build healthy families and vibrant neighborhoods – the foundation of a strong Milwaukee.
Inspiration starts here – we help people read, learn, and connect.