To our Community:
I'm pleased to provide you with Milwaukee Public Library's 2020 Annual Report. You will see not only how much the library was able to accomplish last year, but also how shifts in programming and services inspired innovation in service not only to our library customers but to the entire Milwaukee community. We hope you'll continue to visit your library - virtually and in person - to see how our many resources can enrich and improve residents' lives. Just a few examples are listed below:
- Information on current library services can be found on our Stay Connected page. We are taking great care to minimize risk and ensure that patrons and staff are safe in our spaces.
- Our COVID-19 INFO page includes links to library FAQs as well as information on health, jobs, housing and nutrition, and even enrichment opportunities.
- Online resources are continuously reviewed and updated. The library provides free access to music, books, audiobooks, movies, magazines, and many other resources through Freegal, Hoopla, Gale Courses, and OverDrive. Learn about these services and many more on our Featured Databases page.
- With the Book Bundle service you can fill out a form to let us know what you're in the mood for and our staff will select up to five (5) items in a variety of formats based on your input. Items will be available for pickup at one of our locations.
- Librarians routinely update our recommended booklists that represent an impressive array of genres in both fiction and non-fiction for adults, teens and children.
- As always, the Milwaukee Public Library is a key resource for parent engagement and resources for students. From digital resources like Brainfuse, OverDrive and LibraryNow to online academic support including Reading Buddies and Virtual Teacher in the Library to online story times, take and makes and curbside crafts there’s something for every age and interest.
- Stay informed with all library news and activities by signing up for our e-newsletter and following us on social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Our Mission Statement promises that we will help people read, learn, and connect. Even in the midst of this uncertainty, that is a promise we intend to keep.
MPL is an anchor institution that helps build healthy families and vibrant neighborhoods – the foundation of a strong Milwaukee.
Inspiration starts here – we help people read, learn, and connect.