Applications for the 2020-2021 year are now closed. Email TAB@milwaukee.gov if you have any questions.
Have Fun, Get Involved, Make a Difference @ Your Library!
The Milwaukee Public Library invites YOU to join its Teen Advisory Board (TAB). We will be accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year through September 10, 2021. Apply by filling out the form below!
Being a Teen Advisory Board member is a great way to:
- Earn volunteer/community service hours
- Earn a stipend for participating ($100 per semester, $200 total)
- Design and lead library programs
- Advise on library projects
- Meet friends and have fun at every virtual meeting!
To qualify for TAB a membership and stipend, candidates must:
- Be in grades 8-12
- Attend two required meetings,
- October 12, 2021
- February 8, 2022
- Complete at least 3 of the 9 engagement options/semester:
- MPL Teen Social Media Takeover
- Attend 2 of the 3 optional meetings each semester
- Support for Makerspace Facilitators
- Video Book Talks for MPL’s YouTube Channel
- Develop a Virtual Program for Teens
- Spread the word! Share library programs with your friends!
- Attend or view at least 2 teen programs a semester
- Judge Teen Art Contest and Teen Poetry Contest entries
- Make your own engagement option! Discuss your ideas with TAB Coordinators for other ways to earn engagement points
2021-2022 virtual TAB Meetings will be once a month on Tuesday nights from 5:45pm-6:45 p.m.
Fall semester meeting dates are:
10/12/21; 11/9/21; 12/14/21; and 1/11/22
Spring semester meeting dates are:
2/8/22; 3/8/22; 4/12/22; and 5/10/22
Need more info? Email TAB@milwaukee.gov.