Milwaukee Public Library offers the following services at all branch locations:
- Print - Wireless printing available from your home, business, mobile device, or within the library.
- Scan - Scan photographs, IDs, individual pages, or bound books.
- Fax - Using a credit card, debit card, or check card.
Milwaukee Public Library is now using PrinterOn as our wireless print software. Pharos MobilePrint is no longer supported.
- Black/White printing = $.15 per page for single-sided, $.30 per page for double-sided.
- Color printing = $.50 per page for single-sided, $1.00 per page for double-sided.
- Payment can be made with cash, coins or credit/debit cards at the library print kiosk. All credit card transactions subject to convenience fees.
Steps for wireless printing from a mobile device (laptop, tablet, phone)
Option 1: Visit the Milwaukee Public Library PrinterOn portal.
- Printer: Choose Black/White or Color printing.
- User Info: Enter a case-sensitive name to identify your document(s) at the library print kiosk.
- Select Document: insert URL or Browse for file and select Open.
- Click the gray arrow button.
- Select page orientation, number of copies and click the gray arrow button.
- Approve print job: confirm the number of pages that will print and click the green printer icon.
- Document Status: Your request has been processed and you will receive a print job reference #.
- Your file is now ready to print at any MPL location and will remain active for 24 hours, after which time it will auto-delete.
- At the library print kiosk, enter your library card number or unique user name to access your print job(s). Ask a librarian for assistance if needed.
Option 2: Download the PrinterOn app to your device.
- Tap No Printer Selected. Search Milwaukee Public Library. Select the Black/White or Color printer, depending on print needs.
- Select the type of print job: Documents, Photos or Web Pages.
- Preview job and click Print.
- Enter a case-sensitive name to identify your document(s) at the library print kiosk.
- To confirm job was sent click Print History. Your print job should indicate Success with a green check mark.
Option 3: Email a file from a mobile device.
- Send the file that you would like to print as an attachment to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Black/White)
email@example.com (for Color)
To pick up your documents at a library print kiosk type in the first part of your email address:
Your email address: John.Smith@example.com
Your pick-up username: John.Smith
Your file(s) will remain active for 24 hours after which time they will auto-delete. Ask a staff member for assistance if needed.
Scan items in black-and-white or color and save them to the following formats:
- Microsoft Word
- JPEG files
Scan up to 40 pages per minute and send them to your flash drive, Google documents folder, or email address. There is no charge for this service.
This service is credit card only and accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Inside the US
Simply pick up the receiver and follow the voice prompts to send your outgoing fax. Incoming faxes are not permitted.
International calling and bilingual assistance (English/Spanish) are available.
Users can check the status of a fax or resend a fax by visiting: faxscan24.com