The Milwaukee Public Library seeks to accommodate patrons interested in shooting photography and videography inside Central Library and our branch locations.
For non-commercial use (student projects, personal photography such as weddings and proms) please contact the Librarian-in-Charge at 414-286-3000.
For commercial use, or members of the media, please contact Communications & Marketing at 414-286-3032 for more information.
Please note the following:
- Express permission of any subjects featured must be obtained in advance.
- Photography/videography must not interfere with public service.
- Doorways, steps, or elevators cannot be blocked while taking photos or videos.
- Photography/videography must be completed no later than 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Photographer/videographer must have permission from subjects and, in the case of minors, parent or legal guardian before filming.