Outside Contactless Materials Pickup
Central Drive-Up, Bay View, East, and Washington Park libraries offer curbside pick-up and return of materials. Complete information on how to request materials is available here.
The Washington Park Library replaced Finney Library (4243 W. North Ave.) which was built in 1953. Washington Park Library officially opened Saturday, April 12, 2003. Named for the park it borders, the library offers improved service to its customers, including additional computers for public use and a computer lab; excellent community meeting space (meeting rooms); a larger area for children and young adults; an expanded collection of books, videos, CDs and DVDs; and allows the library to expand its outstanding adult tutoring program.
The bronze statue of Baron Frederick von Steuben which stands outside the library was commissioned in 1921 by the Steuben Society to commemorate the German hero of the American Revolutionary War. Over the years the statue, sculpted by Swiss-born artist J. Otto Schweizer, has become a Washington Park landmark.