The plan to replace the Mill Road Library with a new branch inside a mixed-use apartment building on Good Hope Road is still in progress.
The new development at 7717 W. Good Hope Road will comprise a larger state of the art 17,500 square foot library space similar to other new MPL facilities including:
- Flexible, open spaces
- An expanded and more flexible community room
- Greater access to computers and technology
- More parking
The overall $14 - $15 million dollar project is being developed by Royal Capital LLC and Maures Development Group including:
- 65 mixed income 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartment units
- Separate parking for apartment residents
- Green space
- The Mill Road branch will remain open during construction.
- Construction will begin on a new mixed-used building on 7717 W. Good Hope Rd. in 2018.