RFQ for the Library Architect for the Good Hope Project
The City of Milwaukee, acting through the Board of Trustees, Milwaukee Public Library (Board) seeks architectural and engineering services for the design of and to oversee the construction of a new library space. The Library will occupy the first floor of a multi-story, mixed-use building located at 7717 W. Good Hope Road. The remaining floors will be renovated for rental occupancy by the partner developer.
- The development team is Maures Development and and Royal Capital LLC, with CommonBond – which was part of the team making the initial proposal – serving as apartment manager. This change is pending library board approval.
- Designed by Engberg Anderson Architects, which also worked on Tippecanoe and East Library projects. Library architect has not yet been selected.
- Will include 55 mixed income apartment units.
- Parking, including dedicated parking for library patrons.
- 17,000-square foot library would, like recent projects, include more technology, computers, community rooms and open spaces.
- Current library will remain open during construction.
- Affordable housing tax credit application decision expected in April.
- If credits awarded, construction could begin Fall 2016 with library move-in slated for Fall/Winter 2017.
- Estimated total cost of $14.2-15.1 million, depending on final number of apartment units.
- Library costs of $4.5 million covered by library controlled funds.