The Mitchell Street Branch is the largest of Milwaukee Public Library’s branch libraries. The branch is part of an historic restoration and redevelopment of the five-story Hill’s Building which was once home to a department store of the same name. This mixed-use facility also includes sixty apartment units, eight of which are townhouse units that are located in the rear of the building.
- 23,000 square feet spread across three floors
- Flexible open spaces
- Expansive windows
- Increased access to computers and technology
- Modern, large community room
- Designated spaces and collections for Adults, Children and Teens
- High-tech makerspace
- Cozy reading area with fireplace
- Weekly programming for all ages, including bilingual Spanish/English programs
- Express check-out stations with self-check
- Laptops for check out and use in the library and computer and job training classes in English and Spanish
- High speed internet access and free Wi-Fi.
Free surface parking for library customers located on 9th St.