Thank you for attending the Milwaukee Public Library 1st Annual Job Expo
Please take a moment to complete our survey. Your comments are very much appreciated and will help us plan and improve future job events.
- Milwaukee Public Library Job Expo Attendee Survey
- Encuesta para los asistentes de la Feria de Empleo - Biblioteca Pública de Milwaukee
After the Job Expo
APPLY: Apply to open positions as soon as possible. Follow the application instructions given to you by the recruiter. If you have any additional questions about a position or program, email or call the recruiter you spoke with and mention that you spoke to them at the Expo.
THANK THE RECRUITER: Write personalized thank you letters to the recruiters from companies that you applied to (use the business cards you collected for contact information!)
Keep accurate notes of your communications with employers: names and dates of phone calls/emails and positions for which you’ve applied. Save copies of all your application materials.
Milwaukee Public Library 1st annual
Thursday, June 22 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Central Library ~ 814 W. Wisconsin Avenue
2nd Floor ~ Business, Technology and Periodicals Department
9:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
In-person Registration - 2nd Floor Main Street
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Job Expo - 2nd Floor Business & Periodicals Department
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Resume & Application Assistance - 2nd Floor Computer Training Room
Come Dressed for Success!
- Connect with high-quality opportunities and employers.
- Special opportunities for ex-offenders, limited English-speakers, and teens
- Drop-in Job Help available in the Computer Lab from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- In-person registration begins the day of the Expo at 9:45 a.m.
The following employers will be on-site:
X - Hires Ex-Offenders | ESL - Hires Limited English-speakers | T - Hires Teens
- Ascension at Home
- Aurora Health Care
- BelAir Cantina (X, T)
- Briggs & Stratton
- City of Milwaukee (X, ESL, T)
- City Year Milwaukee (T)
- Colectivo Coffee Roasters & Troubadour Bakery (ESL, T)
- Dairyland Group
- David J. Frank Landscape Contracting Inc. (X, ESL)
- G4S Secure Solutions, USA
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin (ESL, T)
- Goodwill TalentBridge
- Integrity Staffing
- La Causa Inc. (X)
- Luther Manor (T)
- Milwaukee Building & Construction Trades, AFL-CIO (X)
- Milwaukee Center for Independence (MCFI) (X, ESL)
- Milwaukee Public Library - City of Milwaukee web page | MPL web page (T)
- Milwaukee Public Schools
- Next Door
- OPCMIA Local 599 (X, ESL)
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (X)
- QPS Employment (X, ESL)
- Sodexo (ESL)
- Transit Express
- Volunteers of America WI (X)
- Walgreens (T)
- Woodman's Food Market (X, T)
The following organizations will provide job seeker information:
- Community Advocates
- Employ Milwaukee
- Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation
- Milwaukee Fire and Police Commission (T)
- Milwaukee Job Corps Center (T)
- ResCare, Inc.
- Riverworks' Financial Opportunity Center
- State of Wisconsin-Department of Workforce Development
- UW-Milwaukee School of Information Studies
- Wisconsin Community Services
- WRTP/BIG STEP Inc. (X, T)
- YWCA Southeast Wisconsin
Sponsored by the: