Bay View Branch, located at 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., opened in October 1993. The branch replaced the Llewellyn Library built in 1914 and located at 907 E. Russell.
The building is contemporary with an open, bright environment. Under the Milwaukee Arts Board's Percentage for Art program, artist Peter Flanary created three mosaic maps in the linoleum floor of the lobby, one representing Bay View at the time of settlement in 1832; another from 1900, when a steel mill on the lakefront spurred the community's growth; the third showing the area as it is today.
Bay View Branch features:
- Weekly Story Times for young children
- Monthly Book Club discussion
- Monthly knitting group
- Computer lab featuring 22 desktop computers for public use
- 18 laptops for use inside the library
- Free Wi-Fi for all visitors
- Homework Help after school with Teacher in the Library
- Free computer classes for City residents
- Drop-in job search and resume help
- Public meeting spaces
- Meeting Room (Accommodates 75)
- Free Scanner with capability to email or save documents to a flash drive
- Color printer
Upcoming Events at
Need help getting a job online? A job trainer specialist…
Play Bingo based on contemporary children's literature.
After creating a document you will learn how to edit the…
A knitting circle dedicated to expanding skills through the participation…