Community Healthcare Access Program (CHAP)
Tuesdays, 3-5 pm -
Zablocki Branch - 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave.
Thursdays, 10 am-noon -
Center Street Branch - 2727 W. Fond du Lac Ave.
Thursdays, 2-4 pm -
Tippecanoe Branch - 3912 S. Howell Ave.
Tuesdays, 2-4 pm and Thursdays, 9-11 am -
Central Library, 1st floor 814 W. Wisconsin Ave.
CHAP helps residents gain access to all types of insurance. If you have specific questions for the Milwaukee Health Department, please call (414) 286-8620.
Counselors will help provide access to:
- Private Insurance through ACA
- BadgerCare (Medicaid)
- Family Planning Services
- Express Enrollment for pregnant women and children.
Counselors can also help with:
- Providing referrals to social support, free and sliding fee clinics
- Enrollment in FoodShare
- Elderly Blind and Disabled Services
- Dental Services
- Senior Care
- Supplemental Security Income.